All You Need to Know about Avéli Cellulite Treatment Recovery
Lots of people are excited about Avéli, a new minimally invasive cellulite treatment. Avéli is a minimally invasive FDA-approved procedure to create a meaningful reduction in the appearance of cellulite. At Tannan Plastic Surgery, we have been very pleased with the long-term results using this technique. Naturally, a common question for patients interested in getting rid of cellulite is what the recovery is like. Cellulite treatment recovery is pretty straightforward. In this post we discuss what we recommend for you to do during your recovery after Avéli.
What to Expect on Days 1 and 2 after Avéli
You will start to see your results after the swelling subsides, usually as early as one to two weeks into your Avéli Cellulite Treatment Recovery Period. To minimize swelling and maximize the results, Dr. Tannan has a few recommendations for her patients:
- Use over the counter ibuprofen and tylenol at alternating intervals (according to instructions on the bottles). These meds are usually enough to control the pain these first few days after Avéli.
- Wear compression shorts or pants (tight leggings or Spanx) as much as possible. This is useful up to 2 weeks after the Avéli to reduce bruising and swelling.
- Avoid any strenuous activities and avoid cardio and strength training. This goes for the first two weeks after the procedure to minimize swelling.
- You do not have to take time off of work unless your work requires strenuous physical activity. Most patients return to their normal activities one or two days after Avéli.
- You may shower starting day 1 after Avéli, just do not sit submerged in a bathtub or hot tub or pool for one month.
What to expect the first two weeks of your Avéli Cellulite Treatment Recovery
During this time you are past most of the sensitivity from the original treatment and we are trying to minimize swelling. Here are our recommendations for our patients at this point in the recovery after Avéli.
- Keep wearing compression shorts or pants up to two weeks after treatment.
- Avoid any strenuous activities and avoid cardio and strength training for the first two weeks of Avéli Cellulite Treatment Recovery to allow the area to heal and to allow swelling to subside
- Persistent numbness from the tumescent fluid may still be hanging around, this may take another few weeks to resolve.
- You may experience mild pain or tenderness when applying pressure to treatment areas.
- Avoid extended sun exposure and use sunscreen over the access points for the first few months after Avéli to minimize scarring.
By one month post-procedure, our patients often remark about their increased body confidence and excitement to get back into a swimsuit. Contact our office today to find out if Avéli cellulite treatment is right for you.
Call us at (919) 797-0996 if you have any questions or concerns about getting rid of cellulite with Avéli!
Folks come to see us from all over. It is common for our patients to travel from all the corners of Raleigh plus Apex, Holly Springs, Fuqua-Varina, Cary, Morrisville, Durham, Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Pittsboro, Garner, Knightdale, RTP, Winston-Salem, Kernersville, Clemmons, Wake Forest, Wilmington, Fayetteville and the surrounding areas for our unique approach to cosmetic plastic surgery, Botox, and filler.
If you are looking for the best plastic surgeon and the best Botox injector for you, be sure to do your research! We hope our all-women, all-star team can help you regain your confidence and move forward as the brightest version of you.