No Touch Technique in Breast Implant Surgery
Have you ever wondered how a breast implant gets into proper position with such a small incision? In this video taken in our on-site certified plastic surgery operating room in Raleigh, get a glimpse of how board-certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Tannan uses a “no touch technique” to insert gummy bear breast implants into her patient’s body.
The no touch technique allows the implant to go in without ever touching your skin! Using this specially designed funnel keeps the implant safe, secure, and away from the patient’s skin. Doing this reduces the chance of contamination from bacteria that naturally live on our skin. The gummy bear breast implant is not touched at all during insertion.
Steps for the No Touch Technique in Breast Implant Surgery
Dr. Tannan, with the help of her all-female team, first performs a precise dissection of your breast implant pocket. She does this in the Tannan Plastic Surgery fully certified on-site operating suite. That very intentional creation of space for the gummy bear breast implant (not too big, and not too small!) is step one of the no touch technique.
Regardless of whether your breast implant is going above the muscle or under the muscle, the next several steps go like this:
- Our nurse opens the sterile box.
- Dr. Tannan pours antimicrobial solution into the implant box to bathe the implant.
- Using a no touch technique, Dr. Tannan transfers the implant into a Keller Funnel specifically designed for silicone breast implant insertion.
- Dr. Tannan applies gentle but firm pressure on the funnel, much like you would if you were icing a cake.
- The implant is transferred seamlessly into the breast without ever touching the skin, and Dr. Tannan makes any final adjustments as needed.